The Wisconsin Honey Producers Association is seeking candidates for the 2024 Wisconsin Honey Queen position. The Wisconsin Honey Queen spends the year traveling the state, educating the public and promoting the beekeeping and honey industry in Wisconsin. Applications are due by October 1, 2023.
The Wisconsin Honey Queen serves a four-part role on behalf of the honey and beekeeping industry in the State of Wisconsin: Promoter, Educator, Ambassador, and Spokesperson. She makes appearances on behalf of the Wisconsin Honey Producers throughout the state of Wisconsin doing radio, television, and newspaper interviews, educational presentations in schools and with other social and civic groups, appearances at fairs and festivals, and marketing presentations in a variety of venues. At the end of her reign in Wisconsin, she represents the Wisconsin Honey Producers at the American Honey Queen competition held at the American Beekeeping Federation convention in January of 2025.
The Wisconsin Honey Queen committee has worked with colleges and universities to provide this year long experience as an unpaid college internship.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Must be a single female, between the ages of 18 and 24 years of age as of January 1, 2024, and a high school graduate.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- May never have married and have no children.
- Do not need to have beekeeping background but must be willing to learn about beekeeping and the industry.
- May not hold any other title at the same time as the title of Wisconsin Honey Queen.
To apply for this position and obtain full details, or to obtain more information, contact Mary Kettlewell at email@example.com or by phone at 414.429.5502.