We need your help!
We have an urgent need to fight against unfair honey prices for our domestic honey producers.
The International Trade Commission has ruled that U.S. Honey Producers have been injured by low imported honey prices (an estimated 381 million pounds of honey valued at $300 million was imported in 2020 alone). Adding insult to injury, these honey imports are often adulterated with “extenders” that affect the quality of the product which negatively reflects on those of us who take pride in our pure U.S. honey.
Members of the WI Honey Producers Association and the American Beekeeping Federation (ABF) recognize the urgent need to get behind the anti-dumping lawsuit, and we are asking for your financial support!
Would you consider a donation in one of the following amounts?
- $.05/pound of your 2020 production – suggested for commercial beekeepers
- $.12/pound of your production if you averaged over $4.00 per pound – suggested for serious sideliner beekeepers
- $300 which is equivalent to the cost of setting up one hive – suggested for small-scale/hobbyist beekeepers
- Or a donation of your choosing: no gift is too large or too small!
You can donate online to the Honey Defense Fund at http://bit.ly/HoneyDefenseFund.
To win this lawsuit, we need to make a strong, distinctive statement. Our message is that we will NOT stand for our market to be adversely impacted by cheap or adulterated honey. We are a small community doing a BIG job. We all need to do the RIGHT thing to:
• protect the integrity of honey
• establish fair market trade
• get a fair price for U.S. Honey
• educate the public to “know where your honey comes from”