The Wisconsin Honey Producers Association is sponsoring a Youth Beekeeper Scholarship Program, now entering its 5th year. Scholars will be awarded a 2-year scholarship to a complete 10-frame hive kit, bee suit, gloves, smoker, hive tool, bee brush, and either a package or a nucleus colony of live honey bees with laying queen. This is a two-year beekeeping program designed for youth ages 12-18 years old.
- 2024-WHPA-Youth-Scholarship-Program-Application (Word)
- 2024-WHPA-Youth-Scholarship-Program-Application (PDF)
Applications must be postmarked by February 15, 2024. DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 20, 2024!
MENTORS are needed for 2024! Contact Stephanie Slater for more information at email@example.com or 262-215-2791.
Purpose of the WHPA Youth Scholarship Program
- To provide a hands-on educational opportunity for youth to learn the art of beekeeping and the importance of honey bees.
- To provide an opportunity for youth to experience the responsibility and enjoyment that comes with apiary management.
- To provide an opportunity for youth to engage in beekeeping from a vocational standpoint, with the potential for beekeeping to become a side-line or full-time vocation.
Please contact Stephanie Slater (WHPA Youth Beekeeper Scholarship Coordinator) at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-215-2791 with any questions.